The Victorian on Main continues to offer a unique and beautiful lodging option for travelers coming to Southern Illinois.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is of utmost priority and we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Illinois Department of Health. Out of concern for our guests and our community, be assured we’re doing all we can to protect your health and well-being during your stay.
The Victorian on Main maintains the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for guests. Our Innkeeping staff is taking these additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID19:
- Contactless check-in and check out – Our General Manager will perform most check-in, check-out duties remotely and keys will be provided to guests upon arrival. In keeping with the CDC guidelines, we’re refraining from handshakes and hugs as we greet our guests and see them off. Final invoice receipts will be emailed.
- Breakfast – If only one room is occupied, breakfast will be served in the dining room as usual. If multiple rooms are occupied, a full breakfast will be served in picnic baskets that can be enjoyed in our guest rooms or one of the many outdoor seating options on our wrap-around porch or gardens.
- Face Masks & Gloves – Innkeepers will wear face mask and gloves when interacting with guests, preparing breakfast and cleaning rooms.
- Stairs – The Grand staircase to the second floor will be reserved for guests. Handrails will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day.
- Sanitization – We are taking extra measures to disinfect all surfaces in common spaces at the Inn. Efforts include UV lights to sanitize pillows, switches and remotes in guest rooms, wipe-able and aerosol sanitization in common and guest rooms and much more.
- Hand Sanitizer – Sanitizer stations will be available at the front desk and in the common areas. We encourage guests to use them frequently in addition to regular hand washing.
- Other safety precautions:
- Employees are required to wash their hands continuously throughout the day and sick employees will not be allowed to report to work.
- We ask guest to observe social distancing protocols, maintain 6 feet distance at all times and wear masks in our common rooms.
- Unless specifically requested, guest rooms will be cleaned after guests leave.
- We will continue to offer individually wrapped/bottled toiletries from William Roam and we will provide extra towels and toiletries upon request.
- Policies will evolve as we continue to review CDC and other health guidelines.
- Innkeepers will be available via text for any needs throughout your stay.
Special Cancellation Policy
- In these unusual times, our cancellation policy will be flexible. We can work with you to refund or re-book reservation if you have booked with us directly.
- As COVID-19 cancellation policies vary on other booking services (Booking.com, etc.), reservations booked though online travel site, will be subject to their cancellation polices.
- If you are sick or concerned about being exposed to the virus, please call us at (618) 919-0208 to cancel or re-book your reservation.
To learn more about COVID-19 in Illinois, please visit the Illinois Department of Health resource & information page at: https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19